- How would other people describe the character’s physical appearance?
His physical character resembles that almost of a monster. We can see this being clearly demonstrated when the young boy with his mom sees Henry on the street and say “Mommy! What’s wrong with that man’s face?” and she replied “Shut up! I don’t know what’s wrong with his face!” (128).
- Good or bad, what is the character’s most striking feature?
His most striking feature is his boils.
- What is the character’s greatest physical asset?
His greatest physical aspect is his appearance of a monster. Other people see him as this strange “ugly” person and ant to keep their distance and not mess around or be seen with him. Henry does want to be with others but we can also see that he enjoy loneliness more. Also in the book he mentions that his grade is physically big and infers that so is he.
Henry’s inner life.
- How would you describe the character’s outlook on life?
Henry’s outlook on life is slightly negative. He lives in a time of depression and hatred which is part of the reason why he is negative. He sees the world as a cruel place where you can only get far if your “tuff” or ‘bad”. “I liked being bad. Trying to be good made me sick” (93).
- What turns the character on sexually?
Henry is turned on by quite a bit throughout this novel. He is turned on by Lilly fischman, his English teacher Miss Gredis, his neighbour and many other women. He is a young boy so it seems natural to be intrigued by a woman’s body. Henry and the boys he is surrounded by are obsessed with Lilly’s breasts, Miss Gredis’ legs and basically any part of a woman’s body that can be even remotely sexual.
- What is the character’s greatest psychological weakness?
His greatest psychological weakness is that he believes he is a monster or a outcast. If he were to be more confident in himself and not care what others thought or said he would not be “ashamed” or “at the bottom again” (122).
Your inner life.
- How would you describe the character’s intelligence
I think I’m smart. I don’t always say smart things but I do okay in school so I guess I’m smart.
- How would you describe the character’s imagination?
- How does the character rate in terms of common sense and sound judgment?
I believe I have good common sense and judgment, however if you ask my parents they might say otherwise.
- What is the character’s greatest talent?
I beleave meye gratest talint is meye speling.
- What is the character’s biggest success in life so far?
My greatest success I life is getting accepted into Dawson.
- What is the character’s biggest failure in life so far?
My greatest failure in life is getting accepted into pure and applied sciences.
- Up to now, what has been the character’s main ambition?
My main ambition is to be the first person in my neighborhood to make it to university.