Answer the following questions based on what you wrote for your rough draft.
- What is your version of Motherless Brooklyn about?
- What are some challenges in adapting this novel into a film?
- Why do you think Lionel is such a compelling character?
I believe he is compelling because he is the main focus in the story and throughout the story we see how much he evolves and his interactions with other characters makes him unique and interesting. Not to mention that his tics grip every readers’ attention.
4. What’s one thing you hope people will take away from your film version of Motherless Brooklyn?
It would be the secondary characters’ impact to the main protagonist, since it is they who can expose the characteristics of Lionel. In my opinion, Lionel’s characteristics and feelings are important to understand, yes the book has a plot and everything but the understanding of Lionel as a character in the book makes the story intriguing and fascinating.
- The protagonist: A sociable touretter
- The goal of the protagonist: A sociable touretter in a quest to find his inner self.
- The antagonist: A sociable touretter in a quest to find his inner self fighting against his unconscious urge of being someone he isn’t.
When the dead of the father figure occurred, a sociable touretter must find his inner self, or else [STAKES].