Task 6 : Psycho-therapy
You’re asking me why you’re not happy ?You’re surely asking yourself , why can’t I reach happiness like everyone else , why are there many obstacles in my life ? Let me answer you my dear , the answer of your question cannot be found in books or through my analysis or simply based on other’s definition of happiness. You have to find it yourself Lionel , you and only you . You’re the captain of the boat , don’t decide where you want to go , just let the sea guide you and if you face torrents during your travel , then you have to surpass it and go through it . Because after all , you’ll find out that these difficulties that you encountered were only there to test you and help you enjoy even more pleasurable moments in life.Your tics may represent a huge part of your problem according to you , but trust me they are not !! It is one of your characteristics , it is what defines you best , it is the essence of your personality , the perfume of your nature . I simply want to tell you not to compare yourself to others , enjoy life as it is and don’t focus on your defaults , why worry so much for subtle details .
Task 7 : Haiku
Your colored outbursts
Lionel disfigured tics
Task 3 : Aspects
- The world and setting of the story.
Lionel is living in a world of crime , treason , prejudice and discoveries . He lived in Brooklyn , consider like a mother ( the city grew ,changed,evolved with him)
- The secondary characters.
Frank Minna is like a brother , a masculine figure in his life , just like a role model .Gilbert , Danny and Tony are like a reconstituted family ( Minna Men).Julia , Frank’s wife is suspicious , she seems implicated into the crime of her husband . The clients are suspicious too , don’t inspire trust .
- Lionel Essrog: what’s the most interesting or compelling aspect of his character? Who would you choose to play him, and why?
It looks like he’s a child trapped into a man body . Sometimes he acts foolishly and childish like when he’s facing different situations . His tics are important element of his personality , it is in a way a second character . Easy to manipulate him , really naive just as child . I think that Jim carey( would play Lionel .
- The major core conflict of the story and why or how this occurs. This should include the narrator’s inner conflict.
The core conflict of the story is Lionel and his tics .He tries his best to deal with it but s unable to control himself.
- A few key scenes.
- The dialogue.
- The language. This can include Lionel’s narration, and most interestingly, his verbal tics.
- The major overarching theme of the book. What kind of universal human truth does this novel suggest?
- The tone of the book. The overall feeling or mood.
- Perhaps there’s another aspect you’d like to talk about that’s not on the list? Pitch it to me.
- Option if you disliked the book: A paper describing why you think it should not be made into a film. Please, Ed, don’t do it. Again, you will focus on one of the above aspects, and discuss why you either find it uninteresting, cliché, trite, or unrealistic.